Friday, April 2, 2010

hope through the pain

I don't usually reread things that I write or must less re-post them... but after reading my post from Good Friday last year, I'd like to stand by it again.

"Oh yes, 3 days later God was like... boom. done.
Jesus came back! Easter! WHAT?!

Jesus died a death I deserved to die for. For the sins I commit. For the sins you commit. I'm talking about the little things and the big things. With every whip across His body, with every nail that pierced through His tender flesh, with every drop of blood that hit the dirt.... it was for you and me.

Please let the reality of that sink in a bit.
I know we can't fully understand the complete magnitude of grace we are given but at least attempt to meditate on that concept.

victory."

For the entire blog/story go to: http://kristiepearl.blogspot.com/2009/04/good-friday.html

This weekend, though incredible as it is can be incredibly difficult for me too. This weekend holds the reminder of the deaths of:
John Thomas Flynn. (my father)
Brady Thomas Flynn. (my nephew)

It's almost chilling that these deaths center around Easter. And for that, I have had to deal with some serious issues with God in the past. This does not mark the day of death for my dad but Good Friday is the day in 1996 that everything suddenly started - leading up to his death a few days or so later. That time of life is a bit of a blur but I do remember random people giving me Easter baskets in failed attempts to numb the pain. I'm so thankful that my Mom showed me Jesus and I was able to see how He provided her strength during her weakness. Jesus is the Almighty Healer.

Alas, God is good and with death comes life and a new hope. It is in this promise that I trust that they are in a grand place where neither of their hearts hold pain or unpleasant circumstance. Praise.

Our time is short and when our purpose is fulfilled, we are sealed to joining Him in His kingdom. I want to encourage you to take heart in this season of your life and let people know how you feel about them. Be open and honest - you have nothing to lose. If you let that moment slip away - it may be the last one that you ever have here on earth. Nothing happens by accident so don't deny what is and live with purpose.

With death - comes new life.
I praise Jesus for what He became for me.
Rescuer, Savior, Redeemer

Hope.
Faith.
Love.

.kp.

No comments: