Friday, November 28, 2008

this used to be my playground

Bittersweet.

That is the best word I can use to describe the feelings that go along with the concept of going home. Sometimes... I'll I want to do is drive home and take a break from the city scene. To just be in the hometown, soaking up the familiar faces and places that are close to my heart. The memories flood my thoughts - both good and bad of course - and yet, sometimes - going home is just that little bit of a refreshing break that we all need. Am I right? A great time to remember where we came from and reflect on where we are now. The big picture.

Being around my Mom recharges my battery's. She is a strong force that I am still learning from daily. Her faith is amazing and I am so blessed to have such a great Mother/parent/Christian/friend in my life.

So while I've made it clear my love of going home.. I never stay long enough to take that good feeling for granted. I stay for the right amount of time and then I leave with a smile as I travel back to my friends and family that I've made here. I'm ok with this. I think I'm lucky to have a great place to escape to while also having a rad place I can't wait to get back to. That sentence sounds better in my mind than in text but.. I think you know what I mean.


And just bc it's the title to my post...

No comments: