Monday, March 22, 2010

God > us

...to to be less self-absorbed and more God consumed...

I have both experienced and observed the reality that self-seeking desires/motives/etc will leave us no less shallow than that of a 3-yr-old's pool. In other words: nothing leaves us more hollow than being full of ourselves.

I feel like we almost always forget the incredible & merciful debt that was covered on our behaves. A debt so grand that we can't even begin to fully grasp it. Perhaps since we can't feel the weight of the cross on our backs - we naturally lessen the actualization in our minds of how amazing grace really is? Luckily, we are blessed despite our foolish pride and we are still compassionately adopted into Christ's kingdom. Being crucified & clothed in Christ - we freely receive God's desire that we not only know Jesus but that we are also set free in Him. We get to share this Gospel of grace that we get but don't deserve? Oh yeah, this is truly an epic win!

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me — the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24


-kp-

No comments: