Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tetelestai

I've wanted a tattoo for a long time but I've made myself wait until I felt it was right. I figured, if I had to second guess the symbolic branding of my flesh then I should hold out until I didn't have a shred of doubt.

Well, I found my symbol and it comes in a word.
The word comes from Ancient Greek and it is: Tetelestai.

I'd love this to be put in a cool font on my wrist, black, not huge.. just enough for me to be constantly reminded of the meaning behind the text.

So what is the meaning behind the text?
Good question.

"When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit" John 19:30

Jesus sacrificed His life in the most incredible way imaginable. He payed the price, my wages of sin, so that I may come to know the Trinity and have salvation through knowing His beautiful grace. He suffered on the cross because of our sinful nature. He bled for our transgressions. And He "finished/completed/paid our debts" for us due to His love and hope for us. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! I mean, really.

I want this tattoo to remind me that my debt is paid-in-full.
A reminder that Jesus loves even a sinner like me and above all else, He is my everything.

Long story short, I don't know when this is going to happen but it will happen when the time is right and it will serve as a daily reminder of the grand price Jesus paid for my salvation.


KP

No comments: