Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday part 2.. read part 1 first.

So if you read part 1 first (which you should do now if you are reading this message first) you know I'm all about this weekend.

Bittersweet.


This weekend is also incredibly difficult for me at times.
This is the weekend that marks two deaths of two people in my family.
John Thomas Flynn. (my father)
Brady Thomas Flynn. (my nephew)

Yes, it is almost chilling that these deaths center around Easter. And for that, I have had to deal with some serious issues with God in the past. Alas, with death comes life and a new hope. It is in that I trust that they both are in a grand place where neither of their hearts will hold pain or unpleasant circumstance. Peace.

Even so.. it's hard.
Tomorrow I am going to Sumter to do help my Mom with an Easter Egg hunt at my hometown church.. then have lunch with my family and then after.. I'm going to the cemetery to visit their graves.. before returning to Columbia.
I will sit in silence and stumble upon words as no words ever seem quite right.
It is humbling.
Our time is short and when our purpose is fulfilled, we are sealed to joining Him in His kingdom.

So why are we so selfish here on earth? Because we love.

I want to encourage you to take heart in this season of your life and just really let people know how you feel about them. Be open and honest - you have nothing to lose. But if you let that moment slip away - it may be the last one that you ever have.

With death - comes new life.
Easter.
Bittersweet.

Love to the Tips of your Fingers.

make it count

1 comment:

hope*ever said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwpdZdvCl8