Wednesday, May 5, 2010

when you dig, dig deep.

One of my most favorite things in life = fellowship within Biblical community/ intentional conversations with others. I long for moments of authentic intimacy traced by questions about what God is doing/where the Holy Spirit is at work.

As slapstick as I can be, I have been told I have a tendency of getting deep pretty quickly in conversations. It's only because I want to know the hearts of the people in my life. I'm not ok for settling for surface banter when an opportunity for depth is at hand.

So, with that - I just want to take a second to say thank you to my lifegroup. Thanks for being willing to get deeper than you ever thought possible. Sometimes even deeper than you'd like to know you are able to go. Thanks for sharing your hearts, confessing your sins, repenting and seeking accountability within the group and for always pushing each other back to Jesus. The transformations that I see daily literally blow my mind. Thanks for being open, for listening, for being respectful, for being willing to let God use you... so.. ultimately, thank you for being the church. I've said it before and I'll say it again because God is worthy of such praise.. I am so encouraged and thankful to know each of you. God is awesome!

No comments: