Sunday, May 30, 2010

a perfect shade of dark blue...

...have you ever been alone in a crowded room?

Last night I went to a wedding in Charleston to help celebrate the marriage of two of my good friends. Typically, I would've brought a girl/guy as a fake date to have someone to talk to/eat with/dance with.. etc.. but alas, I went alone. Anyway, I'm a cheesy romantic of sorts and one of my favorite things to do is to watch the groom's face when the bride makes her grand entrance. Tears filled my eyes upon seeing his love for her through his beaming smile aaand my heart melted. What a beautiful picture of Christ's love for the church and to think... that's just a glimpse of it. The ceremony was beautiful.

If you know me at all, you know that sitting still isn't exactly my specialty... so I walked around during the reception and caught up with friends from college. The most popular question of the night was.. "are you here alone?" By the end of the night I couldn't seem to shake the tone of those questions. Before I headed back home, I sat outside in the warm breeze of the night and had a lil quiet time.

I was blindsided by loneliness... but why? The relationship that I need, I have. God alone is what I need and what my soul craves. Christ longs to be what fulfills us and He does with His grace and all consuming love.

I trust Him as comforter and provider for what I need to better tell His story. As always, thanks Jesus for bringing me back to the big picture... You.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you Jesus, that hes all we need!