Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well - we made it.

Yes, yet another Valentine's Day has come and gone. Gratz if you had someone special to share this commercialized day with: including but not limited to: hearts, candy, roses, and other expensive displays of emotion. Don't get me wrong, it's totally cool to participate in the happiness of this day - just - try to remember to keep that 'good feeling' going all year round.. love doesn't just get exciting for one day.. it should just serve as a cute/rad reminder of what you've got.

And for those of you that are a member of the S.A.D (single awareness day) club.. I hope you did something fun too. Love isn't just in the form of boyfriend/girlfriend - it's totally ok to express your love for your friends and family. I usually get cheesy cards (last year it was Hello Kitty) and give them to friends.. just because that's how I roll.. but this year, I was sick and kinda kept it low key. I didn't use my cell phone or the computer to message anyone. I really just took the day off for myself.

I spent the first part of the day with my family (mom rocks for taking care of me in my sick/pathetic state that I was in up until today)
Then I dressed up in some crazy outfit and hit up a pretty hilarious valentine's dinner with my best friend. We had a great time just hanging out and being ourselves. After that, some other friends of mine called me to come hang out at a place in town and I totally went. A band that I dig was playing and we all had a chill time.
So all in all, it was a pretty cool day.

Of course, in the back of my mind and in the most intimate places within my soul - I wish I did have 'that someone' to cuddle up with... but alas, I save my romantic love for another day. I'm interested in when the day will come that I can be in that place but I don't obsess over it because that's not my style. What is my style? Prayer over my life, future and feelings. I'm at a place where I'm ready for the next step. I had to work through some issues from previous baggage but - I'm proud to say that I'm at a good place and I have been for a while. Question remains.. who wants to take that next step with me?

<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm laughing at the part about dressing up in crazy outfits with my best friend & "being ourselves." ha. being ourselves= crazy freaks. love it!

~kp~ said...

<3!!